From: "Mark MacDonald" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] re: Book Surnames of Scotland
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:54:59 -0600

Amy
It can be purchased soft cover ( 838 pages) at most highland games with
booksellers. Black does not talk about clans; he uses ancient legal
documents to identify names from particular areas. Most Clan Donald
tents (and many other clans) will have a copy at their tent. Black
says MacWhirter is a form of MacChrutiter, current in Ayrshire, the
original home of the name.

Mark MacDonald