From: "Peter Bailey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genealogy and DNA LIMITATIONS: Understanding exactly how tests reinforce folk ideologies.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:51:08 -0000

David,

(and Doug, Whit, Charles, Len and others who have contributed to this
thread0

Further thanks for your help. I shall certainly save up for such a test.

As must have been apparent, I am not only a newbie to this list but to the
technology in general. I am hoping to learn and get up to speed as quickly
as is reasonably possible. ( I am heavily involved in other genealogical
pursuits, so time is a huge restraint).

I can not be the only person who has subscribed to this list who needs a
helping hand to get into this advanced technology and who is daunted by the
erudition of its contributors. Accordingly, I have suggested to Ann that a
few 'taglines' are regularly appended to all messages which can lead newbies
to sites explaining the bases of the technology to ten-year-olds. This is
common on other Rootsweb sites and does not downgrade the 'Ancestry.com'
connection. Ann has kindly provided me with one or two pointers which I have
yet to check out.

Your information in this message looks to me to be very helpful and I shall
pursue it.

Best wishes - Peter Bailey