From: "Martha" <>
Subject: Haplogroup & possible geographic origin(s)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 01:38:04 -0600

These are my husband's 37 marker Y-DNA results.
I probably included too much info. but wanted to
know if anyone can explain what looks like to me
to be difference(s) between the REO and YCC values.

It appears that the exact matches for markers
indicates Scots origin, and that those for YCC
indicate Russian origin. Is this a conflict, or
am I just comparing 'apples to oranges'?

Thanks for any informative input.

From one who still doesn't know much, Martha

FTDNA - 6/3/2004

Kit # 18578

HAPLOGROUP: R1a1

DYS# Alleles

393 13
390 25
19 15
391 11
385a 11
385b 14
426 12
388 12
439 10
389i 15
392 11
389ii 32

458 15
459a 9
459b 10
455 10
454 11
447 25
437 14
448 20
449 31
464a 12
464b 14
464c 15
464d 15

460 11
GATAH4 11
YCA2a 19
YCA2b 23
456 15
607 17
576 17
570 18
CDYa 34
CDYb 40
442 13
438 11

HAPLOGROUP value fit:
E3a 1
E3b 5
G 2
I1a 3
I1b 2
I1c 4
J2 15
N 1
R1a 64
R1b 12

YCC# -70
Cladistic name by lineage - R1a1*
Geographic/Ethnic Origin = Russia
Language affiliation = Russian
Cladistic name by mutation - R-M17*

YCC# -81
Cladistic name by lineage - R1a1*
Geographic/Ethnic Origin = US/Ashkenazi Jew
Language affiliation = English
Cladistic name by mutation - R-M17*

Recent Ethnic Origins (REO)

12-Marker Y-DNA Exact matches -