From: "Peter J. Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Unusual haplotype
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:53:19 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Doug,

My magic 8 ball suggests that this could be Y
haplogroup G, but it is still not very close. Any
other ideas? If I had this haplotype, I would be SNPed
ASAP.

Sincerely, Peter

Doug McDonald Wrote:

Note most importantly that Ysearch has 37 marker
matching people, like 3CVQN and 68HPS. There are
indeed matches on Ysearch if you search on only
8 markers, up to 6 difference in distance.

Doug McDonald

Peter J. Roberts wrote:
> The following Ysearch record is for a 12 marker
> result. It has seven 12/12 matches with a couple
> other surnames. However no one else is a close match
> (even as far apart as 6/12). What amazes me is no
one

http://www.ysearch.org/search_search.asp?uid=V6STU&submit=Search

> Care to speculate which haplogroup they likely
belong
> to?

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!