Subject: Re: [DNA] Open and Closed Genealogy and DNA population LIMITATIONS
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:28:04 EST

Ken ...

Yes, this is all too true. Many potentially rewarding research efforts are
dramatically hamstrung by these prevailing views in academia. We know of several
specific cases, including Stanford (in my neighborhood), where non-medical
DNA research continues to lose funding. The Cavalli lab at Stanford, prestigious
as it is, is suffering from budget cuts. It's located in the huge Stanford
hospital complex, in the Genetic dept.

Mike ...

In a message dated 3/5/2005 7:51:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,