Subject: RE: [DNA] Open and Closed Genealogy and DNA population LIMITATIONS
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:40:49 +0000

Jim:

Thanks for this "heads up". I too have agreed to be interviewed by KT. If there is anything that smacks of a political agenda then I need to know it; and I will have absolutely nothing whatsoever to say as it will probably only open a can of worms.

Would you please be so kind as to offer us some specifics. On List would be fair game if the information is in the public domain. I expect that I am not the only one to agree to further contacts here and I am very upset now that I provided links to the DNA work I have done in relation to my First Nations heritage. I fear that my gesture to assist a fellow researcher may have the potential to backfire on me badly.

Thanks,

David F.

> Ken, Malcolm, Ann and the list, such is serendipity. Ann recently posted a
> notice of Kimberly TallBear regarding her quest to interview people who used
> DNA to ascertain Native American heritage, Malcolm posted to the thread of
> people having different agendas and Ken responded to Malcolm. While being
> drawn in over my head about STD researchers, I did notice that, in
> conjunction, to the reference to Bolnick by Malcolm, there is also a
> connection to Kimberly TallBear. It seems that Ms TallBear has an agenda
> too. She presented papers at the same conference that Malcolm referenced.
> I had just made an appointment for an interview with Ms TallBear before
> connecting all the dots. Suffice it to say, I won't be stepping in to a
> "Beartrap".
> One more comment; just as a casual observer, I have become aware that this
> magic word "diversity" will ultimately suck us all into its maw and the
> implications of how one defines free speech is not lost on me.
>
> Regards, Jim

This thread: