From: "ljcrain1" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Pseudo-Science Example
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:59:45 -0600

Read "Guns, Germs, and Steel" and "Plagues and People" and tell me how the
native population of the Americas did not succumb to any of the horrible
diseases the Chinese would have carried. They certainly had plague after
plague in their own country and had no better understanding of the causes,
prevention or treatment for these illness than Europeans or anyone else.
Just better record keeping.

One of the things said to *prove* Chinese visitation is the existence of
Rhode Island chichens. This just about sums up the entire theory for me. But
you are welcome to your beliefs.

Janet Crain