From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: David Bowden's questions about me
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:54:43 -0500

DAVID BOWDEN POSTED THE FOLLOWING. MY REPLIES ARE IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

Ray,

I was wondering if you are the same Ray Whritenour that spends a lot of
time on this board: forum.americanindiantribe.com Forum Index -> Lenape

THE CORRECT WORD IS "SPENT." I'VE RECENTLY QUIT THAT FORUM.

I was wondering if you have a grudge towards the DNA test related to
it's test results of your "NA" percentage.

YES. MY "NA" RESULTS WERE TOO HIGH.

Were you looking for a result from that test, that would have allowed
additional "proof" of your "NA" heritage?

YES.

What impacts from your DNA Print test results of "NA"have you perceived
related to being accepted by the Indian community as a "expert" in
Lenape languages and culture?

NONE. I "AM" AN EXPERT ON LENAPE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE, AND AM SO
REGARDED BY LENAPES. MY ETHNIC BACKGROUND IS A NON-ISSUE.

Also I was wondering if you would mind sharing with the list, your DNA
Print test "NA"percentages.

I'VE DONE THAT SO MANY TIMES THAT OLDTIMERS ARE PROBABLY SICK OF HEARING
THEM. BUT, FOR YOU: 84% IE, 3% EA, 13% NA, 0% SA.

The reason I am asking, is that a lot of people are going to get angry
when these DNA Print tests do not indicate their prior perceptions of
"NA" percentage, related to personal desired results and paper geneology
trails that may allow a inference of NA ancestors.

GOOD FOR YOU. ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

RAY WHRITENOUR

This thread: