From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Phenotypes
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:23:42 -0700

Ann, Sorry I'm not a geneticist, and I just used the word "linkage" because
the
distributions of the different genes have their distribution frequencies
linked. I could think of no better word. But the point of my message was
not the choice of name for the underlying phenomena. I view the "package"
that all the genes are being carried on as the human. "Association" seems
too wimpy for what I am trying to convey about information conveyed about
one gene due to knowledge about another. Perhaps "correlation" could be
used, but some math professor will then chime in that that word is reserved
for some other specific meaning. Do you disagree with the underlying point?