From: "Gary Rea" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Pseudo-Science, Problematic, Religious & DNA
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:49:33 -0600

>However the conclusions drawn from those samples' >results and
>relationships
>to one another are not drawn from a laboratory and >never can be. All such
>conclusions are just hypotheses. They can't be >demonstrated, repeated or
>proven.

How do you figure that, Doug? Just exactly what do you think the our DNA
DOES reveal, then? Do you believe that scientists know absolutely knowing
about what human DNA shows us? How, then, has the human genome been
sequenced? Or do you believe that hasn't happened, as well? Certainly sounds
like a distrust of science to me.

> I did not say that I distrust the scientific method, but did say that we
> cannot apply the scientific method to DNA research, because to do so it
> would be necessary to repeat history.
>
> We can certainly learn a lot about our heritages from this process as long
> as we keep open minds.

Here, you're not making any sense, Doug. What do you mean we'd have to
"repeat history?" Explain, please. I agree that we can learn a lot from
science if we keep an open mind. So, why is yours so closed to the realities
of genetic research? I suggest you read up on the subject and learn how it
all works.

Gary

This thread: