From: "AAF" <>
Subject: North-South I1a Gradient in Germany
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:43:19 -0000

Ken,
If you are suggesting a dual approach then i agree with you: a haplogroup's
percentage of the total population shows how dominant or subordinate it is,
to other groups in that area, and this might well indicate overlapping
population movements within the area, but for establishing such things as
diversity within a particular haplogroup, then other haplogroups must of
necessity be ignored.
Alan Foster.
=========

This thread: