From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Focused Eye Color question
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:03:31 -0500

Ken:

You misunderstand my meaning. Nobody said that eye color was determined
by the Y-chromosome. The use of R1b as "backup evidence" for the
Iberian migration to Ireland presumes that THAT R1b comes with an
autosomal component which would also equate the two population groups.
If the mtDNA of the two groups is different, how could we make that
presumption?

Ray Whritenour

Ken wrote:

Reference to the R1b being the main component in LGM Iberian population
pool and West Ireland was only backup evidence for the belief that the
repopulation of the Isles came in last several thousand years from the
LGM Iberian population. That's all. The brown eye dominant gene is
carried in other chromosomes which would have been brought from Iberia
to West Ireland by the migrating people.

This thread: