Subject: Re: [DNA] Article in the New York Times Magazine from last Sunday
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:20:39 +0000

I am writing because I don't think that Ellen deserves criticism in relation to her post, nor do I think she is being paranoid. Actually I entirely agree with Ellen in this matter. There is no benign reason why a Hammas figure who advocates the use of car bombings would be interested in orchestrating a Palestinian contribution to a Mormon dominated wide - ranging DNA Project. There is clearly something wrong with this picture. In other words, there is probably a hidden agenda, we just don't know what it is. Trust me in this one.

David F.

> In a message dated 3/17/2005 3:09:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> > Can this DNA data be misused for some political
> > purposes that I'm not aware of?
>
> Yes Yes don't you know there is an evil Al Qaeda plot to resequence our Y-DNa
> and myDNA and inject us with resequenced genes and turn us all into Arabic
> Muslims? PUH-LEESE!
>
> Having our FINANCIAL IDENTITY is far more threatening than someone having our
> DNA. (unless the government starts rounding up folks who have been "passing"
> for white or have the CMH etc. -- and don't you think Americans would stand up
> and OBJECT to that sort of thing going on here?)
>
> Do let us all keep out paranoia in check. And our priorities straight.
>
> Anne

This thread: