Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplogroup Experts Needed
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:29:13 +0000

Ken or other Listers:

If by any chance in your travels you detect a R1a individual with YCAIIa,b = 19,20 I would be most pleased to learn of this discovery. To date the only individuals with this motif so far observed are my uncle Williamson (in Canada) and his distant Williamson (Mathewson) cousin in the Shetland Islands; as well as members of the Blance family of Northmavine, Shetland (who it is believed are also Williamsons or whatever their patronymic name was in the 1500s). I suppose it is nothing other than a "private" SNP - like Y-STR result, but it would be very informative to find this unknown (so far) motif in locations other than Shetland. Of course if the motif was really 20,19 that would add even more drama.

David F.

> YCAIIa,b = 20,21 shows up frequently on lists of G haplotypes with 20,20 and
> 21,21 also most common on list I just examined..

This thread: