From: "ernest hurst" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Not Splitting the List
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:09:59 -0500

I "look at" every post, reading at least first sentence or so & use the
delete key as necessary, when I have no interest. It seems to me that
*most* who have commented, indicated that they would subscribe to both
lists if a split occurred (as would I). That shows that a split is not
really necessary. Based on what has been said, I *do* feel that it's
necessary to provide some relief for the administrator/moderator, so the
having two (or more) moderators is probably the most practical solution,
IMHO.

Thanks to Ann, for all she has done over the last few years. As others have
said, I sure hope she continues to contribute to the list.

Ernie Hurst

this site daily" - wanting to split the site. I see these as people who get
aggravated with the posts dealing with "deep ancestry." DELETE KEY comes to
mind!!

> 2. Cousin John has a very compelling reason so far for NOT splitting: "I
think a lot of postings might have relevance to both lists."

> 3.John, my financial adviser uses the word "hopefully" a great deal. I've
had some bad experiences with "hopefully."

> 4.The suggestion by several to keep the list as one and to have two
administrators is a doable and another compelling reason for keeping the
list as one.

> 5. I believe Martha from Ireland has an excellent point for NOT splitting
the list. "I can see both sides but if split do think many messages would
pertain to both lists."
> I can see now the number of messages beginning with: "I wasn't sure which
list oughta get this, so to be sure, I'm sending to both!" THINK NEWBIES!

> 6. Don, I'm not sure where you intended to go with the words about "Ellen
and the good Doctor," but that kind of remark has no place here and only
lessens your credibility. Both "Ellen and the good Doctor" have made - and
are making - valuable contributions to the knowledge of many people who
monitor this list. Your remark, IMHO, demands an apology to both. As to
your irritability DELETE KEY comes to mind!