From: "Ian Kennedy" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:36:35 +0000

I would like to see the list split and recommend DNA-ANTHROPOLOGY as the
name for the second list. People who want to discuss neolithic farmers and
the search for SNPs can go there.

What will be left will be a list for people who want to use DNA testing to
help their family trees and this will then be a pleasant environment for
people who are thinking of taking a test and joining our surname projects -
which unless your name is Wells could do with a lot more members. I know
mine could. I don't want prospects to drift away after a day or two on the
list because they think the whole subject area is inappropriate.

Incidentally there was talk a while back about the Yahoo DNA anthropology
group. I joined it for a while as did a few others and it sounded just like
many of the threads here but not Y-DNA based. That is why it seems a little
odd that so many are objecting to the name DNA-ANTHROPOLOGY as the new list
title.

Ian Kennedy