From: Jon Spencer <>
Subject: NOT SPLITTING THE LIST
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:17:08 -0800 (PST)

Please consider all of my comments as being accompanied by a great, big smiley face.

Questions:

1. Who makes the final decision on whether or not the list is split?

2. How many votes are needed, or is it an arbitrary decision?

3. Will we get to vote on who maintains the new list(s)?

4. If I do not agree with, or like, the decision, to whom does one appeal?

5. Do we have any candidates for the new administrator (s)

6. Would it be possible to leave this list as it is, and let the "unsatisfied" band together and do their own list with all the tidy "rules" they want to instigate?

7. Is this a "semi-antics" game by some annoyed by semantics?

8. DNA genealogy and anthropology background discussions - universal or historical - usually slide back and forth between a DNA focus, or neither. So if the list splits, which list gets the background?