From: adam bradford <>
Subject: Tracking Down A Sorensen Testee
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:13:31 -0500

All:

There is a Bradford listed in the SMGF database who matches a few of
the participants in our project 24/25. I'm going to try to incorporate
his results into our project based solely on what I found in the
Sorensen database, but it would be great to be able to test him for
more markers.

With that in mind, I'd like to pose two questions to the list.

1) Given Sorensen's privacy constraints, I know we can't find out who
this Bradford is from them. But we'd like to make an attempt to
discreetly - dis-creeeet-ly - track him down through other channels.
Does anyone think this is a bad idea, given the sensitive nature of
DNA testing? It seems like it would be a shame for him and for his
matches in our project if the attempt wasn't made.

2) Assuming we find him, he's already been tested for 25 of the 37
markers offered by FTDNA, the company we test with in our project.
Sometime in the last few days there was some talk about a company that
offered customers the choice of selecting from a menu of specific
markers for a flat rate, rather than getting each panel in order.
Could someone tell me which company that was? Sorry to have to pose
this question again since the posts were so recent. I regret deleting
them, but am at a loss as to how I might search the archives for them.

- Adam

This thread: