From: "Eric Olson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Cryptic Backup Copy of Genome - "Hothead Gene"
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:10:28 -0800

Also, if anyone wants to examine core body temperature as it may impact DNA
mutational rates, 98.6 F. is only an average value. Some individuals,
perhaps some families, have 'normal' temperatures higher than others. The
'normal' range seems to be from 97.0 F. to 100.0 F.
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/LenaWong.shtml

Do individuals or families with 'normal' body temperatures of 100.0 F.
exhibit more DNA mutational events than individuals or families whose
'normal' body temperature is 97.0 F.? Is such a hypothesis testable?

Eric