From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Phenotypes,Genotypes and Autosomes
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:58:03 -0500 (EST)

Chris wrote:
> However,,*my* immediate focus presently is on finding a birth parent.
> Now the kicker ... I tested a nephew and he came back as an R1b

When you say *you* tested a nephew (meaning a nephew of your presumed
father), I presume you mean you paid for the testing, but the big
question is this: did you personally supervise the collection of the
sample? A related question: Do you know beyond any doubt that this
nephew wants you to be his cousin? If the answers are both "no" then
you need to consider the possibility that the nephew "recruited" a
substitute testee for reasons of his own.

John Chandler

This thread: