From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Sorting the 260 Haplotypes
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:19:11 -0700

I saw the numbers and Ft Lauterdale contributed a token amount; the great
majority are from Memphis. I did an experiment. Since the males
self-identified their race, I thought there may be some African male
haplotypes included in this "Caucasian" population of 260. A block of
haplotypes which fulfill the haplogroup E characteristics are found. But
there are so many subclades of E I can not tell without deeper examination
whether they are the European E, MidEast E, or African E subclades.

Ken

> They mention in the presentation link that these were anonymous liquid
blood
> samples purchased from Interstate Blood Bank,Inc. (Memphis, TN) and
> Millennium Biotech, Inc. (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) The men had self-identified
themselves
> as Caucasian, African American, or .Hispanic.
>
> Anne

http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: