From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SMGF and DYS 445
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:25:58 -0700

Well, we might as well complete the roll call. I1a and I1b = 11 at DYS 445,
I1c leans toward 10. DYS 445 is a fairly slow mutating marker with high
concentration at modal value within most haplogroups and sub-groups.

Incidently, how can I say DYS 445 is a slow marker with high concentration
at modal value within haplogroups and also say it "leans toward 10" for I1c?
Two varieties of I1c I have isolated are decisively 10 at DYS 445. The
third variety "southern" I1c has about equal number of 10 and 11 repeats at
DYS 445. This and evidence I have at other markers leads me to suspect tht
my "southern" I1c is still a combination of two distinct further subgroups
which I do not have sufficient data yet to separate from each other (It is
more difficult to work with the minor haplogroups with small populations.
True properties are hard to isolate from statistical flucuations with small
numbers of things.)

Ken