Subject: Re: [DNA] R* Dating
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:17:11 EST

One of the reasons I like the Di Giacomo paper is that they *do* make these
distinctions of diversity. And their calculations yield close comparisons with
ASD & Batwing, detecting the same fluctuations (I know - I'm repeating
myself). And they derive rates for subpopulations of haplogroup "J" that are much
closer to the f/s rates than the PU/LZ "1/3rd" rate.

I'd like to see them apply their methods to "I1", "R1", etc.

Mike ...

In a message dated 3/27/2005 8:59:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,