Subject: Re: [DNA] list adoption: one decision made -- one to go
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:06:42 EST

In a message dated 03/28/05 9:50:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> I did not volunteer to start a new List for the use of DNA testing for
> traditional genealogy. As Ann knows, after some thought and the various
> discussions about splitting the List, I volunteered to assume this List
> from her when she "retires" as the List-Mom and to administer this List,
> "GENEALOGY"-DNA, but I told her I would refocus it on its original topic
> and intent as listed and implied in Rootsweb.com. The new List, if any,
> should be the one on Deep and Ancient Ancestry, imo. Since Ann wishes
> to keep the GENEALOGY-DNA List as-is, as it has evolved into over the
> last two years, in my opinion that ends any discussion about recovering
> the original intent and focus of this List
.

Perhaps there are others who may have been reticent to volunteer for a new
list while Charles' name was being bandied about, but you still think a list
dedicated to surname projects would be worthwhile. If so, please contact me
privately -- or if you have alternative ideas for serving different segments of the
genetic genealogy community. I do now have a volunteer who would be willing
to start a DNA-Newbie list. It is not absolutely necessary to coordinate the
timing for a new list with my timetable, but there would be some advantages.

http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/DNA/GENEALOGY-DNA.html

This thread: