From: ellen Levy <>
Subject: DNA File Sharing System
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:00:04 -0800 (PST)

I wanted to lend support to an idea that David Faux
suggested regarding a file sharing system. Does
anyone have ideas about how this could best be
accomplished?

I think a lot of us would like access to DNA articles
when they become available online rather than having
to wait a few years before they're available for free.
There tends to be about half a dozen publications
that require subscriptions to access these studies.
Also, some of us have written directly to researchers
and have gained access to additional research that
would be useful to share. For instance, I obtained
Behar's supplementary data by writing directly to a
study co-author.

Again, any ideas about how such a file system could be
implemented?

Ellen Coffman

This thread: