From: John S Walden <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Newbie J2 questions
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:12:40 -0500

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:46:36 -0700, Frank Fuqua <> wrote:
> A search for matches among FTDNA customers produced NO exact matches at
> either 12 or 25 markers. I assume the addition of the remaining markers
> will not change this. They did show 2 at a distance of 2, +3 at a distance
> of 3, +6 at a distance of 4, and +19 at a distance of 5. The following
> possibilities occur to me.

I have found 2 matches for the 6 J2 Haplotypes in my two surname studies.
I found one in FTDNA and one in SMGF database.

One became a 22/25 [differend surname]
and the other [the same surname] was never expanded past 12 markers

I suspect it is just luck since the number of J2 men tested is much
less than R1b
John W.

This thread: