From: ellen Levy <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA File Sharing System
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:41:57 -0800 (PST)

Look, not everyone has access to a university library
- I know I don't. Also, some people have schedules
that don't permit them to regularly visit such
libraries.

There seems to be some on the List who would like
access to these studies but for whatever reason, can't
access them. I thought that such persons (including
myself) could form a group that would subscribe to
various pertinent journals and then be able to share
access to the articles. If the actual group
subscribes to the journal, then I would think it would
be OK for all the members to be able to access the
studies.

Ellen Coffman
--- Ian Kennedy <> wrote:
> You need a swipe card to get through the barrier at
> my old college library
> (University College London). And to get that I had
> to apply and present my
> (extremely old) student ID card. I can't speak for
> other establishments as
> I've never tried them.
>
> Ian Kennedy
>

> Doug wrote:
>
> "I have never, ever, been
> stopped from simply walking in to the regular
> reading rooms of
> a university library, even if I was not associated
> with that library,
> and getting a journal off the shelf and reading it.
> And I have tried it
> at several libraries, both nearby and far off."

> Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free
> MSN Toolbar now!
> http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/

> Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million
> records added in the
> last 12 months. Largest online collection in the
> world. Learn more:
> http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: