From: "Terry Barton" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Haplogroup E3a SNP P1+
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:29:17 -0400

Thanks to all who shared thoughts and info on E3a. This has helped me
considerably. I will recommend that this individual have the SNP analysis
done, as it may be that he isn't E3a anyway. I am hoping that his one 12/12
match will respond.

His one match is 12/12 and that individual is listed as E3a, with an unknown
origin. He also has a 3 step mutation to an E3a from Senegal and two 4 step
mutations, one to an E3a of unknown origin and the other to an O2 from
Indonesia.

If anyone feels they have a pretty good handle on E3a, I hope that you'll
start an E3a webpage. If someone wants to compile what is known -
particularly outside of Africa, but doesn't have a website, I'll create a
page at World Families Network - and present it link along with the other
Haplogroup info. (Or maybe Dennis Garvey will supplement his informative
E3a page, which is focused specifically on the Africa heritage with more
info which can benefit those who don't have an obvious tie to Africa.)

http://www.worldfamilies.net/y-haplogroups.htm

Thanks again. Terry