Subject: Re: [DNA] Newbie: National Geographic, Relative Genetics, DNA Heritage,Family Tree DNA etc
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 15:52:32 +0000

Ken:

"Control such misuse" - give me a break. Two posts ago you were extolling the virutues of DNA Heritage. Why are your comments unsullied, and those of Bill "misuse"? Robert asked for an opinion and he got it from people who are not connected in any way to the companies noted in the posts.

David F.

> Bill, The wording that many use on this list to promote FTDNA really
> bothers me. It is often done without a "in my judgment" or "from my
> experience", etc., and therefore comes across as an assertion of fact. Over
> the 15 months I have been on the list probably a message or two of mine can
> be dredged up in which I forgot and used similar assertion of fact, but I
> most often try to use a "in my judgement..." type of qualification when I
> suggest other testing companies.
>
> I am concerned that too many people on this list are delivering
> advertisements for FTDNA. I don't think that is appropriate, but it is not
> clear how we control such misuse.
<snipped>

This thread: