From: "Phil Goff" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Assistance with Results Interpretation
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 21:05:04 -0400

As an update, I received additional markers for the two Goff descendants
(from two different Goff families in TN, with no paper trail connection).
One participant matches the Barlow haplotype 37/37 and other matches Barlow
25/25 and, of course, they match each other 25/25. Now, there is a family
tradition in each Goff family that their earliest ancestor (each born around
1810 TN) was born a Barlow, orphaned and then adopted by a Goff family.
Given the exact match with a TN Barlow family, it seems that the old family
tradition has proven true. Anyone disagree? Thanks,

Phil Goff