From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [DNA] M284 and I1c / I2
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:14:51 -0600

Let's first stipulate that I2 and I1c refer to the same haplogroup --- M223
positive. FTDNA believes the old I1c must be given the I2 status for good
reasons. But the M223 positive remains the same. You should only know the
difference between a I1c versus I2 status if you tested P38 SNP.

I believe your 20 through 24 are Northern variety of I2 a.k.a. I1c. I don't
recognize haplotype 19 at all and will have to look at it more deeply.

16 to 18 seems like renegade Northern I1c with the odd DYS388 = 15 (normally
13). But it requires deeper look also.

Ken