From: "David Wilson" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] AP Human Migrations Story
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 06:43:39 -0700

In this context, "primitive" means M130.

That designation is not on the 2005 tree, but the label RPS4Yis. I think
this is the same mutation under two different identifiers. (Somebody please
correct me if we are talking about two different but equivalent SNPs.)
Either way, we're talking about haplogroup C.

Wells has a map in his book that shows M130 coming out of Africa via the
Eritrean (southern) route while M89 leaves through the Sinai peninsula. M89
is the marker for F, which is the predecessor of all the G through R clades
that so much occupy us on this list.

Side note: Thanks to Joe Hazel for pointing out off list that I meant to say
"glacial" rather than "interglacial" in my first post on this topic. Sea
levels are low when planetary water is tied up in ice, not the other way
around.

David Wilson