Subject: Re: [DNA] Non-paternity
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:33:54 EDT

Doug ...

Yes, and this is the case with my ggggrandfather. We had family verbal lore
passed down through the generations, letters from his mother, etc to
document the paternity, geographic proximity & local history. Plenty of
documentation that we believed, but no legal documents.
No "duped" daddy; rather, a well-known out-of-wedlock birth.

Results from Y chromosome DNA tests of 9th & 3rd cousins confirmed the
paternity & link into the paper trail back 11 generations to our immigrant
ancestor from Dorset, 1620.

Mike ...

In a message dated 5/19/2005 10:55:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,