From: "Eric Olson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] RE: William the Conqueror
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:36:17 -0700

I glad some one came up a name for "pedigree collapse". I have three
unrelated Thompson lines (as far as I can discover) in the tree, and also a
case where three Whipple sisters married three Whipple brothers. Now that
really cuts down on the number of possible ancestors-in-common for their
descendants.. Joan (Hurst) (Rogers) Tilley was one of my 11th great
grandmothers, but not through Desire (Howland) Gorham..

Eric