From: <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Charles is Jewish
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:29:20 -0400 (EDT)

05/26/05 Hello! I am one of those “Dutchies”. The hundreds (?thousands) of
years our ancestors spent in what we now call Germany preceding the
arrival of the “duch” (as they were called then) in the decades before the
American Revolution allowed ample opportunity for mixture with Semites.
Just read your history. The duch were primarily Lutheran and Reformed
refugees who left the Holy Roman Empire for political and religious
reasons. Their language was German with some French. There is no evidence
to date that they knew or cared about any Semitic mixture. The history of
the world and human nature makes us all the product of mixture. It is our
geographic, linguistic and cultural origins that gives us an identity. DNA
is only one of the “tests” that contributes to that identity. If you
believe in the “one drop” theory, then we are each whatever he wants to
be. You pays your money and takes your choice. Comments? EGT P.S. "duch"
as used in the 18th Century letters between King George and the colonial
governors was a derogatory term equivalent to modern racial terms that are
now politically unspeakable.