From: "Malcolm Dodd" <>
Subject: R1b, First Nations, and Pride in Being British
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:34:10 +0100

"At one time the map of the world was red." - No it was pink.

Our failing memories of the actual colour on our school atlases of
yonder years do not dim our pride of our British heritage.

However we are a polyglot lot and should expect to see haplogroups from
A to Z (when it is found) as well as R1b. Indeed we Anglo-Saxons who are
I1a drove out many of the original R1b to Brittany, Ireland, Wales and
the Highlands of Scotland. It is our Germanic dynamism that took us from
the introversion of the dark ages to the colouring of the map of the
World with the pink of civilisation and the Christian religion. My great
grandfather took four months to get to Australia to spread the word - I
jib at 20 hours on an aeroplane. David is right - we should be bursting
with pride at our heritage.
Malcolm Dodd in Portugal (left England as it is full of foreigners)

This thread: