From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: Middle Eastern ancestral markers on new Euro 1.0 test
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:55:15 -0400

Ellen wrote:

"The Etruscan study indicates that the MtDNA lineages died out and were
not continued in the subsequent Roman population. If this study is
accurate, it indicates that ancient group may indeed have completely
wiped out other populations."

Ellen:

What do studies (if they exist) indicate about the DNA relationship
between the ancient Romans and modern Italian populations? I'd be
interested to know if the ancient Romans all died out, too, in their
turn. (I'm not being sarcastic, here. I really want to know.)

Ray Whritenour

This thread: