Subject: Re: [DNA] requiring ancestor trees
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:32:39 EDT

Cathy, some people send me the entire chart, but all that require is the
straight line from the earliest ancestor of the surname to the participant,
however, I do not publish later than about the year 1900. The chart is to
identify the line from which the DNA came. I feel that the markers are worthless in
a genealogy research sense without others knowing the time and location of
the surname being tested.

This chart is a requirement in joining my project. I do not publish the name
of the DNA donor, but do use the Kit Number and the earliest ancestor to ID
the line next to the makrers, then with a click on the Kit Number you can see
the entire line.

It is not password protected, as we want everyone to see it so that they
will be encouraged to join if they are trying to connect to certain lines.

An example: http://www.small-stuff.com/HANCOCK/DNA/results.htm

Julia

In a message dated 6/1/2005 7:44:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time,