From: "Steven C. Perkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] What to test for?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:02:17 -0500

Assuming you did not test your or your mother's mtDNA, you can also get his
mtDNA, which should be the same as yours and your mother's, if they are
full brother and sister.

I encourage all men to have their mtDNA tested as well as the Y
chromosome. It may take longer to get matches, but I believe it will prove
useful in the long term.

Regards,

Steven C. Perkins

At 12:40 PM 6/1/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm going to test my mother's brother, who is the son of my maternal
>grandfather.
>
>If I understand correctly, the only information I could obtain from such a
>test, which would be useful to me, would be:
>
>The Y Haplogroup, which would be the same as my paternal grandfather.
>The 37 Y Markers, which would be the same as my pateranl grandfather.
>
>Is this correct?
>
>Thanks!

>Search Family and Local Histories for stories about your family and the
>areas they lived. Over 85 million names added in the last 12 months.
>Learn more: http://www.ancestry.com/s13966/rd.ashx

This thread: