From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] What to test for?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:27:39 +0000

I tested mtDNA before Y-DNA. It connects me to my maternal grandmother who was a very important figure in my life. In addition her mtDNA is a somewhat rare form of haplogroup K which would seem to have originated on the Isle of Skye and spread in a limited way to adjacent regions. My Dad's ultra rare haplogroup K is confined to Yorkshire - and it connects me to my paternal grandmother who was also an important personage in my life. I would phrase things as, why not test mtDNA?

David F.

> I would suggest waiting if there is no immediate interest. Costs are already
> down and they should be cheaper in the future.
>
> Bob Stafford
>
> "Steven C. Perkins" wrote:
> I encourage all men to have their mtDNA tested as well as the Y
> chromosome. It may take longer to get matches, but I believe it will prove
> useful in the long term.

This thread: