Subject: Re: [DNA] What to test for? Why not test mtDNA?
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:22:03 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2005 1:39:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

I have no desire to know, since I am interested only in the genealogical
applications of DNA. If there is a genealogical value in the future, I will
test.

Again, the high-res mtDNA test has not been fully exploited, in my opinion.
If your ancestress arrived in the USA within the last 100 years, it may be
less useful -- but then you probably have some good genealogical information
on her anyway. Before 1900, however, I think grouping high-resolution mtDNA
results by locations and time period may prove to be more genealogically
useful than we think. If there's any chance of ferreting out an LNU wife, I think
we should test our mtDNA lines, build the database, and see what it can do
for us.

I'm not floating on a river of cash by any means, but I'm willing to spend
it to see if I can perhaps nudge something out of the mtDNA.

Anne

This thread: