From: Scottish_DNA <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Known Cousins match 36/37
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:19:56 -0700 (PDT)

Lloyd,

It simply means that you and your cousin mismatch on 1 out 37 markers. Don't try to read anymore into it. I would consider it a "good" test result, confirming that the two of you are indeed cousins. It is entirely possible that you and your father could mismatch on 1 of 37 markers.

John

wrote:List:

My second cousin, once removed, and I, are tested at FTDNA.
Miss match at 389 1/2. He, 14/30. I'm 13/29.
Otherwise we match.
I am SNP Tested R1b P25+
See Ysearch UFBVM. Cousin NW8M3.

We have solid paper trail to our common ancestor in the
first half of the 19c.

Would you be so kind, as to tell me what this means?

Thank you,

Lloyd

New! Family Tree Maker 2005. Build your tree and search for your ancestors at the same time. Share your tree with family and friends. Learn more: http://landing.ancestry.com/familytreemaker/2005/tour.aspx?sourceid=14599&targetid=5429

John
"Scottish DNA - Better than Life Insurance"