From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Known Cousins match 36/37
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:55:33 -0700 (PDT)

It corroborates your paper trail by eliminating the possibility that you two are not biologically related. However, it doesn't prove your exact relationship. The paper trail does that. From the DNA results alone, you could be brothers or very distant cousins.

Bob Stafford

wrote:

My second cousin, once removed, and I, are tested at FTDNA.
Miss match at 389 1/2. He, 14/30. I'm 13/29.
Otherwise we match.
I am SNP Tested R1b P25+
See Ysearch UFBVM. Cousin NW8M3.

We have solid paper trail to our common ancestor in the
first half of the 19c.

Would you be so kind, as to tell me what this means?

Thank you,

Lloyd

New! Family Tree Maker 2005. Build your tree and search for your ancestors at the same time. Share your tree with family and friends. Learn more: http://landing.ancestry.com/familytreemaker/2005/tour.aspx?sourceid=14599&targetid=5429

This thread: