From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] What to test for? Why not test mtDNA?
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe, FTDNA can convince those who check off female in the NGS Project to upgrade. That has the potential for creating a lot of records in Mitosearch. That would give you a lot of data to work with.

Near the time of Ugo Perego's posting, Debbie Reagan started a MtDNA group in which some people seemed interested. However, I haven't heard any reports about it for a long time.

Bob Stafford

wrote:

After reading Mr. Perego's message, I'm less inclined than ever to rely on
SMGF for mtDNA or even evaluation of how mtDNA can be used for the following
the reasons:

This thread: