From: "Dra. Ana Oquendo Pabón, MD"<>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic participants
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:40:10 -0400

Sorry, kiddo! the closest I come to anything on your list that starts
with M is the surname Manuel.

I'm in the same boat as Charles or better yet, the same canoe since our
Taíno Indians invented it. I have to gently weed out those who have
joined some of our one name Puerto Rico surname projects but have
Mexican roots to either Angel Cervantes' New Mexico DNA Project or our
colleague Gary Felix's Mexican project. All our groups share so many
surnames. Our geographic project at least has a clear definition on our
join page. Have to be born on the island or the descendant of a parent
born on the island.

BTW, I'm an M&M wth peanuts type o' gal.

Hope you'll have a surprise and new genographic participants soon.

Ana

wrote:

>In a message dated 6/2/2005 3:20:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
>ay.rr.com writes:
>
>I came home today and opened my e-mail to find I had 43!
>new genographic participant announcements
>

>Trade you 5 lbs of gummy bears for one
>
>WEBB
>WEBBE
>WEBS
>MAYNOR
>MAYNARD
>MAINOR
>MAINER
>MANER
>MAINARD
>MAINERD
>MAINORD
>MANOR
>MAYNE(S)
>MANESS
>MANIERE
>MANAR
>MANARD
>MINNEAR
>MINIR
>MUNIER
>MONIER
>MANNER(S)
>MANNOR(S)
>or anything that looks like, is a Soundex equivalent of, might sound like,
>or vaguely resemble any of these.
>
>All those names and not one Genographic Project participant yet. ::SIGH::
>
>Anne

>New! Family Tree Maker 2005. Build your tree and search for your ancestors at the same time. Share your tree with family and friends. Learn more: http://landing.ancestry.com/familytreemaker/2005/tour.aspx?sourceid=14599&targetid=5429

This thread: