From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic participants
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:51:29 -0400

John Carr wrote:

> Here is how Max Blankfeld of FTDNA responded to me when I suggested
> that simply adding people to a surname project based on their last name
> may not always be the best policy. I have been having people join my
> project because their last name is Carr for a variety of reasons, even
> though their paternal grandfather had a different surname. I
> suggested that a policy based on the paternal grandfather's surname
> would seem more likely to find matches. Here is his response,
>
> To Carr group manager,
>
> Family Tree DNA started delivering results to the Genographic Project
> during the last week of May. Along with all the information received,
> they have, in their personal pages at the Genographic website, the
> opportunity to upload their results to Family Tree DNA, and in the
> process
> they can choose to join a Surname or Geographical Project..

John, Max sent that message you quoted to *all* the surname project
admins. I think your specific query to him might need a reply that
isn't so general. It might be taking him a day or so to get to it,
seeing as how they must be up to their ears in work to take care of
right now. Just my guess -

Bonnie Schrack

This thread: