From: Scottish_DNA <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b and DYS437
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 07:54:01 -0700 (PDT)

David,

Here are some numbers from the Blair DNA Project which you may find interesting:

I have 80 test results for 25 or more markers.

63 of these are R1b.

All of the R1b have DYS437 = 15.

All are presumed to originate from either Scotland or Ireland and those from Ireland probably came from Scotland first.

The 63 particpants have 51 known oldest ancestors.

The 63 participants have 41 unique 25-marker haplotypes.

The breakdown by DYS390 is:
_____DYS390 = 23 - 1
_____DYS390 = 24 - 53
_____DYS390 = 25 - 3
_____DYS390 = 26 - 6

I have 6 other participants who have DYS437 = 15. 2 of these are haplogroup I and 4 have not been estimated.

John

David Faux <> wrote:List:

I have just been exploring the revised Niederstatter (2005) Austrian database (thanks David W.) and have made what might be an interesting observation.

There are 40 R1b SNP tested haplotypes, and one potentially ancestral P*(xR1ab). Of these, 37 have DYS437 = 15. There are two = 14, and one = 16.

David F.

John
"Scottish DNA - Better than Life Insurance"