From: Ray Gross <>
Subject: genographic member question
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I just received my results from the Genographic project and was classified Haplogroup I. Looking at my uploaded results at FTDNA. the I is red which I assume means no SNP was done. Here are my results:

DYS393 = 13
DYS19 = 14
DYS391 = 9
DYS439 = 11
DYS389-1 = 12
DYS389-2 = 16
DYS388 = 14
DYS390 = 22
DYS426 = 11
DYS385a = 13
DYS385b = 14
DYS392 = 11

I used Whit's predictor and it came up 69 on I1A and 36 on J2, all other numbers were small.

Having done some browsing I know that I1A is apparently split amongst several groups, Anglo-Saxon, Norse, etc. Which group would some of the experts out there say my haplotype is? Would an SNP test be of any benfit to me?

Thanks in advance,
Raymond Gross

Discover Yahoo!