From: "Mary AsaWoman" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA from toothbrush
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:34:28 -0700

I am not sure about England, but DNA can be collected from a paper cup which
was thrown into a trash can in the park or on the street, thus making the
cup "public" property. However, most labs, if not all, require a signature
or some other indication that the person gave permission to use his DNA. I
think it would be best if one just asked the person, assuring him or her
that the DNA was being used for purely genealogical reasons.

Mary+cats