From: John Carr <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint Reported Marker Values
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:14:13 -0700

I have modified your statements below slightly, but based on what you
stated, comparing DNAPRINT results from people known to descend from 16
inter related pedigree lines should allow determination of a pattern
for each of those lines. If I read between the lines, it sounds like
Ann T made some attempt at something similar to this, but was only semi
successful.

Were you and the person you shared such commonality with in any way
related? Did you pursue the pedigree at all?

Has anyone on this list tested their extended family with DNAPRINT to
see what the results are?

John Carr

On Jun 4, 2005, at 12:42 PM, David Faux wrote:

> Ann T. tabulated the values for myself and my Mom and Dad and
> determined, not to my surprise, that there was nothing at all that
> would indicate that either one was not my parent. All 70 sites gave
> values in me that could be explained by the two alleles each of my
> parents possessed. There were no discrepancies. Ann also tablulated
> who were our closest matches among others who submitted their allele
> profile to her. myself and another person were almost identical in
> terms of alleles.
>
> David F.

This thread: